ovation in his last plate appearance. "I

Описание: О русском языке и русской культуре

lw789
lw789

#1 lw789 » 21.05.2018, 03:54

MANCHESTER, England -- The Premier League trophy could be out of reach for Manchester City after a 2-2 home draw with last-placed Sunderland on Wednesday that capped a demoralizing four days for title chasers. Samir Nasris 88th-minute equalizer at Etihad Stadium will be of little consolation to City, which is now six points behind league leader Liverpool and four points behind second-place Chelsea. Third-place City has a game in hand but the surprise result against Sunderland, coupled with Sundays 3-2 loss at Liverpool, may be a setback too far in its bid for a second championship in three seasons. "I think we are more mentally tired than physically tired," said City manager Manuel Pellegrini, who is still not giving up hope. "Remember this team, two years ago, were six points behind the leaders and ... won the title at the end. So it is difficult, but it is not the last game we play." Pressure also seems to have struck Evertons battle for the last Champions League spot with Arsenal. Everton became the latest team to slip up against Crystal Palace, losing 3-2 at home to end its seven-match winning run and miss the chance of reclaiming fourth place from Arsenal, which is one point ahead with four matches remaining. "We wanted to win so much that we stopped being ourselves," Everton manager Roberto Martinez said, "and that is what we have to learn from." Palaces fourth straight win means the side can surely start preparing for another season in the top flight and lends further weight to many pundits argument that Tony Pulis is the manager of the season. When Pulis took over in November, Palace was bottom and six points from safety -- now, it is 11th and 10 points above the relegation zone. Sunderland is six points from safety with a game in hand, but could have been a lot closer if goalkeeper Vito Mannone had gathered Nasris shot rather than fumbled it into the back of the net. That could be the difference between staying in the Premier League and being relegated. "Its one more blow," Sunderland manager Gus Poyet said. "I tell you what, Im testing my heart this year." Without the injured David Silva and Yaya Toure and with star striker Sergio Aguero lacking match sharpness, City lacked its usual creativity going forward and was sloppy in possession. Fernandinho gave City the lead in the second minute, running onto a short pass from Aguero that was dummied by Alvaro Negredo and scoring inside Mannones near post, but Sunderland had the better of the chances for the rest of the first half. Connor Wickham finally took one of them in the 73rd minute, volleying in a cross from substitute Emanuele Giaccherini, and the same players combined for Wickhams second that came on the counter-attack in the 83rd. City escaped with a point thanks to Nasri, but Liverpool and Chelsea will be celebrating another twist in the title race. "We believe we can win the title," Fernandinho said. "Chelsea and Liverpool have four games and they may drop some points -- we think we can still win the title." At Goodison Park, Jason Puncheon scored his fourth goal in three games before Scott Dann added a second for Palace for a 2-0 lead after 49 minutes. Substitute Steven Naismith reduced the deficit in the 61st before Palace restored their two-goal advantage through striker Cameron Jerome in the 73rd. Kevin Mirallas scored Evertons second goal in the 86th. Mamadou Sakho France Jersey .com) - The Chicago Cubs reportedly signed recently-acquired outfielder Dexter Fowler to a one-year contract on Friday, avoiding arbitration. Lucas Digne Jersey . The top-ranked Djokovic also beat Gael Monfils and then routed Roger Federer en route to his first Abu Dhabi title. "Its always great to win a title. This is the best way to start the 2012 season," Djokovic said. http://www.soccerfranceproshop.com/c-5-patrice-evra-france-jersey.aspx. The Incheon-based tea, of the Korea Baseball Organization said the deal for the 35-year-old Scott included a $50,000 signing bonus. Scott reached the major leagues with Houston in 2005 and hit 23 homers or more for Baltimore each year from 2008-10. Andre-Pierre Gignac Jersey . Bilbaos first victory in four rounds lifted it four points clear of Real Sociedad and kept it in command of Spains last Champions League berth for next season. In contrast, Betis was left 11 points from safety after a dismal performance that at times bordered on self-destruction amid some questionable refereeing decisions. Zinedine Zidane Jersey . -- Theres something about playing on Orlandos floor lately that seems to bring out the best in the Dallas Mavericks.DENVER -- So maybe going 6 for 6 isnt quite enough for his manager to award Charlie Blackmon the everyday job in centerfield. Still, Walt Weiss did promise his platoon outfielder this much: "Hell be in there tomorrow." Thats good enough for Blackmon. He tied a team record with six hits and drove in five runs, helping the Colorado Rockies beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 12-2 in their home opener Friday. Blackmon had three doubles, a two-run homer and scored four times. The only other Rockies player with six hits in a game was Andres Galarraga against Houston on July 3, 1995. "When you get an opportunity to play, its really nice to come up and contribute," said Blackmon, whos sporting a bushy beard. Blackmon acknowledged hes never had that many hits in a game -- on any level. "Pretty amazing," he said. Carlos Gonzalez certainly thought so. "I dont think I ever hit 6 for 6 in my life," Gonzalez said. "Im happy for him. Hes proving to everybody he deserves to be in the big leagues and every day in the lineup." And yet Weiss plan is to keep platooning Blackmon with Drew Stubbs and Corey Dickerson. Unless, of course, Blackmon has more days like this. Thanks to his big afternoon, Blackmon is hitting .563 (9 for 16). "He had a pretty good day," Weiss said. Same goes for Gonzalez, who added a two-run triple and a two-run homer off the facing of the third deck as the Rockies improved to 13-9 in home openers. That was more than enough for Juan Nicasio (1-0), who surrendered one run and four hits in seven efficient innings. His only mistake was a slider that Mark Trumbo hit for a solo homer in the fifth. "He pitched well," Paul Goldschmidt said. "He used his fastball a lot and he was getting ahead right there. He was locating it, moving it in and out. He was doing a good job. They made some good plays out there and we werent able to get enough going." With the loss, the Diamondbacks fell to 1-6, tying their worst start in franchise history. "Games over now. You just go out tomorrow and play as hard as you can, and thats what the guyss will do," Goldschmidt said.dddddddddddd "We just havent played well enough." Goldschmidt did extend his hitting streak to 26 games dating to last season with an RBI single in the eighth, Its the second-longest streak in club history, four behind the mark Luis Gonzalez set from April 11 to May 18, 1999. Randall Delgado (0-1) gave up six runs and 10 hits in four innings. Colorado finished with 17 hits, with Blackmon leading from the leadoff spot. A triple shy of the cycle, he lined the ball into the left-field corner in the eighth, then pulled up at second when Trumbo quickly corralled the ball. He was tempted to go, though. "I didnt even know where it went when I hit it," Blackmon said. "You know you had a good day when you hit a ball and it ends up two inches inside the line." Michael Cuddyer kept his hot streak going, finishing with three hits. The reigning NL batting champion has multiple hits in four of his first five games. Arizona third baseman Martin Prado left in the sixth after cutting his left index finger tagging out Blackmon on a steal attempt. He said Blackmons spike caught the finger sticking out of his glove. "It was bleeding a lot," Prado said. "Fortunately for me, it just took a little skin off." As a motivator, the Rockies have stenciled the numbers one through 100 on panels above the lockers in the clubhouse. With each win, that panel is filled in with purple. Win No. 2 was secured with Blackmons help. He even received a standing ovation in his last plate appearance. "I missed it," Blackmon said. "But I received a lot of applause when I went out to (the outfield). It was really nice." NOTES: Arizona 2B Aaron Hill finished 2 for 4 and is hitting .370 against Colorado in his career. Its one of the highest marks among active players. ... RHP Brandon McCarthy (0-0) will start Saturday for the Diamondbacks against Colorado and LHP Jorge De La Rosa (0-1). ... LHP Boone Logan (elbow inflammation) pitched a scoreless inning on Thursday for Triple-A Colorado Springs. He could join the team Sunday. NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 China Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

Название раздела: Разное
Описание: О русском языке и русской культуре

Быстрый ответ

В целях предотвращения автоматической отправки форм спам-ботами, введите отображённый текст в поле ниже.
:hi: :smile: :wink: :twisted: :sad: :evil: :smoke: :eh: :eek: :fie: :silenced: :razz: :oops: :help: :spy: :insane: :biggrin: :toothless: :ill: :nervious: :weirdface: :pray: :clap: :think: :boxing: :cyclop: :rambo: :zombie: :cry: Ещё смайлики…

Вернуться в «Разное»