Sam Darnold appeared destined to go to Cleveland in the months

Описание: О русском языке и русской культуре

huangjian123
huangjian123

#1 huangjian123 » 08.11.2018, 01:39

leading up to the NFL draft.Then http://www.saintsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-benjamin-watson-jersey , the Browns called an audible along the way and went instead with Baker Mayfield at No. 1 overall. After the Giants took Saquon Barkley next, the New York Jets ended up with the quarterback they wanted all along and Darnold was headed to the Big Apple."I thought I could've been there or several other teams," Darnold said Monday. "I honestly haven't even thought about it since I got drafted by the Jets. With (Cleveland) having the (No.) 1 pick, I guess there was a good chance I might have gone there, so I was thinking about it before. But ever since the draft, I haven't thought about it."On Thursday night, Darnold will be in Cleveland. But as the enemy — and a reminder to Browns fans of who they might have had.Not that Darnold, who'll be making his third NFL start, has revenge or redemption on his mind."No, I'm just going to go out there and play ball," he said.Darnold has much more pressing matters at hand, such as trying to bounce back from a 20-12 loss to Miami on Sunday .The No. 3 overall pick struggled at times with some missed opportunities and mistakes, as did the rest of the Jets. But Darnold also had some positive moments, and at 21 years and 103 days old became the youngest player to throw for 300 yards. He finished with 334 yards passing with one touchdown and two interceptions."Other than the two picks, I thought I played pretty well," Darnold said. "So, I'm just going to continue to try to play as consistent as possible and find completions when I can and take shots when I can."Meanwhile, Mayfield hasn't yet taken a regular-season snap for the Browns with Tyrod Taylor as the starter. The former Oklahoma star is considered the future of the franchise for Cleveland — a label that appeared reserved for Darnold."I was excited to go anywhere," Darnold said. "Whoever wanted me, whoever wanted to pick me. As a top pick Cheap Drew Brees Jersey , it was a dream come true right when it happened. I wasn't concerned with who was picking me, but more with where I was going and where I might need to spend the next, for now, three or four years."The Jets envision Darnold being around for a lot longer than that, and Thursday will serve as the next test — and step — in the young quarterback's development.The Browns are still winless since 2016, but they have a tie and a three-point loss through the first two games so they're no pushovers.Gregg Williams' defense has already caused problems for the likes of Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger and New Orleans' Drew Brees, and could be licking its chops to face a rookie at home in front of the Dawg Pound."First of all, I think his guys are ready to play every single game," Darnold said. "They come out fiery and at the same time, they bring pressures that, sometimes, no one's ever seen before. We're going to be ready. I'm focused on what we're doing, but also on what the defense is doing and how we can attack them."The Jets and Darnold will have to do a better job than they did for much of the game against the Dolphins. New York was just 3 of 10 on third downs, including 1 of 8 in the first half when it fell behind 20-0.This will be the third game in just 11 days for the Jets, no easy task for a rookie QB. Darnold recognizes that this week's preparation will be condensed even more than last week, when New York was coming off a Monday night game in the opener."It's a different challenge, something I haven't necessarily dealt with, but it's awesome," Darnold said. "It's just another challenge for this team and we're going to take it head on. Looking at Cleveland last night, it was moving on right after that game. We watched that game and then got right to Cleveland. Not the final score that we wanted. Obviously Cheap Marshon Lattimore Jersey , we looked to come out of there with a win, but move on as fast as possible and get to Cleveland because it's a short turnaround."NOTES: TE Neal Sterling (concussion), S Marcus Maye (foot) and LB Josh Martin (concussion) did not practice, although it was more of a walkthrough session. LT Kelvin Beachum (foot) and LG James Carpenter (foot) were limited. ... Jets coach Todd Bowles said he liked what he saw from Mayfield while going through the draft process. "I thought he was he gritty," Bowles said. "Had a great workout when we worked him out. I think he's a tough player and he's going to be a good player." ... WR ArDarius Stewart returned from his two-game suspension for violating the NFL's policy on performance enhancers. The Jets have until 4 p.m. Wednesday to make a decision on whether to activate or release him.Drew Brees’ Accuracy a Touch Off Against Browns Drew Brees is arguably the most accurate quarterback of all time. In fact, his career completion percentage of 67% ranks number one, ahead of Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Steve Young, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, and Brett Favre among countless others. Brees has set the single season record for completion percentage three different times. In 2009, he set a new record with 70.6% of passes completed. In 2011, he set it again with 71.2% of passes completed. Sam Bradford broke Brees’ record for one brief year in 2016, but Brees promptly wrestled it back in 2017 by setting a new record of 72% of passes completed over a single season.On Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, a team he hadn’t beaten since his first game as a Saint way back in 2006, Brees looked just a little bit off. Typically, when Brees misses a receiver, I blame the receiver. The route may have been run improperly or the receiver got snagged on a chip block.On four different occasions http://www.saintscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-larry-warford-jersey , however, it appeared Brees uncharacteristically missed the mark. First, he overthrew a wide open Ben Watson in the end zone. It almost seemed like he forgot he was throwing to a six foot three inch 37 year old instead of a six foot seven inch 31 year old Jimmy Graham. The Saints had to settle for a field goal.Next, Brees under threw a streaking Ted Ginn Jr. who would have certainly scored a touchdown, assuming he caught it. Ginn had to stop his route completely and come back up field before the pass was nearly intercepted by a Browns cornerback. The Saints didn’t score on that possession at all.Later, Brees overthrew Ginn, who has clocked unofficial 40 yard dash times between 4.28 and 4.45 as he created separation in the endzone. Last week, Ryan Fitzpatrick seemed to overthrow speedster DeSean Jackson, but his wheels were able to catch up. Brees’ ball was so far overthrown, the fastest player in a Saints uniform didn’t have a chance. In the fourth quarter, when a touchdown would have padded the Saints’ thread-thin point cushion, Brees threw ahead of Austin Carr. Carr had created almost a yard separation between him and his defender, but Brees missed another important scoring opportunity.In the end, the Saints pulled out a nail biting win, but they have two missed extra points and a missed field goal to thank for that miracle. I think Brees may have been trying to protect the ball and not risk an interception, but these missed opportunities almost spelled the difference in a closely fought game. I fully expect Brees to bounce back next week against the Falcons. Pundits have always referred to a quarterback’s “fall off a cliff” game, and with the way Brees prepares and takes care of his body, I just don’t see this as being that game. After all, he completed so many other tight window throws. His game tying touchdown pass to Michael Thomas was a thing of pure beauty. But those four passes sure had me scratching my head.

Название раздела: Разное
Описание: О русском языке и русской культуре

Быстрый ответ

В целях предотвращения автоматической отправки форм спам-ботами, введите отображённый текст в поле ниже.
:hi: :smile: :wink: :twisted: :sad: :evil: :smoke: :eh: :eek: :fie: :silenced: :razz: :oops: :help: :spy: :insane: :biggrin: :toothless: :ill: :nervious: :weirdface: :pray: :clap: :think: :boxing: :cyclop: :rambo: :zombie: :cry: Ещё смайлики…

Вернуться в «Разное»