was out of the starting lineup for the

elaine95
elaine95

#1 elaine95 » 17.01.2019, 02:44

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Gabe Kapler is keeping an eye on the NL playoff picture. He’s watching even closer to see how his Philadelphia Phillies handle their place in the standings.He was happy with their resolve Saturday night.Cesar Hernandez hit a go-ahead http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/jarvis-landry-jersey , three-run home run in the fifth, seven relievers combined for seven shutout innings and Philadelphia beat Miami 5-4 for its second straight win following a five-game losing streak. That clinched the Phillies’ first series victory since a four-game sweep of the Marlins from Aug. 2-5.Philadelphia overcame a 4-0 deficit and closed within 6 ½ games of first-place Atlanta in the NL East with 15 games left. The Phillies remained five games back for the NL’s second wild card, improving to 11-7 against the Marlins — including 8-1 at home.“We looked at tonight as an opportunity to gain a game in the standings,” Kapler said. “But, much more importantly, it’s an opportunity to win a series and to demonstrate there’s zero quit in this team.”The Phillies saw their 1 1/2-game advantage in the NL East turn into a 7 1/2-game deficit due to an 11-23 stretch from Aug. 6-Sept. 12 in which they failed to win any of their 11 series.Kapler has seen contributions throughout the roster the last two nights.“We’re really playing team baseball the last couple of days,” he said.JT Riddle had a pair of doubles and three RBIs for the Marlins Authentic Jarvis Landry Jersey , who have lost five straight and at 57-91 are trying to avoid what would be only the third 100-loss season in team history.Luis Garcia (3-1) got the last two outs in the fifth, and Pat Neshek pitched a hitless ninth for his fifth save in six chances. Philadelphia relievers allowed two hits, struck out eight and walked none.Phillies starter Vince Velasquez gave up four runs and four hits in two innings. Velasquez is 1-3 in his last seven starts and has gotten an out past the fifth inning just once since July 22.“If I had to pinpoint it, I’d say frustration got the best of him tonight and therefore we had to go to our ‘pen,” Kapler said.Marlins manager Don Mattingly started reliever Jarlin Garcia, and the lefty pitched a perfect first inning. Miami used seven pitchers.Miami took a 4-0 lead with two outs in the second on Austin Dean’s RBI single and Riddle’s three-run double.Justin Bour, pinch hitting for Velasquez Authentic Bradley Chubb Jersey , hit a two-run single in the bottom half off Brett Graves, runs that were unearned because Dean allowed Carlos Santana’s fly to drop behind him on the left-field warning track for an error.Hernandez homered off Drew Rucinski (4-2).“We really just had that one tough inning with Rucinski,” Mattingly said. “And we couldn’t put anything else up on the board.”SWITCHESThe teams combined to use 39 players, including 15 pitchers. Kapler hit for shortstop Scott Kingery in the second inning before Kingery ever batted.SLOPPYPhiladelphia’s two errors increased its total to 110. The Phillies trailed only St. Louis (112) for most in the majors starting the day.TRAINER’S ROOMPhillies: 3B Maikel Franco (sore right shoulder) was out of the starting lineup for the third straight game.UP NEXTPhiladelphia RHP Nick Pivetta (7-12, 4.64) and Miami RHP Jose Urena (6-12, 4.29) are slated to start Sunday’s series finale. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Willy Adames‘ winning drive landed high in the left-field seats. According to Statcast http://www.denverbroncosteamonline.com/bradley-chubb-jersey , it measured 434 feet, the longest of the rookie’s five homers.“That’s all I’ve got,” Adames said. “I went for it and I got it.”Big time.Adames’ solo homer with two out in the ninth inning lifted the Tampa Bay Rays to a 4-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday night.Adames connected against Miguel Castro (2-6). Sergio Romo (2-2) got the win after retiring two batters in the ninth, helping Tampa Bay break a three-game losing streak.Tim Beckham and Trey Mancini homered for Baltimore, and Alex Cobb pitched seven strong innings.Cobb, attempting to win consecutive starts for the first time with the Orioles, gave up only two hits after the first inning and retired his last 10 batters against his former team.“Every time out there I walk off the mound and I feel like that I’m that much closer to regaining the form that I’ve been looking for Womens Bradley Chubb Jersey ,” said Cobb, who lost his first three starts against the Rays.Cobb is 3-14 in his first season with Baltimore. But he has allowed one earned run in three of his four starts since the All-Star break.Cobb left with a 3-1 lead, but the Rays tied it in the eighth without getting a hit. Three walks and a wild pitch by Evan Phillips and a throwing error on first baseman Chris Davis helped the Rays score two unearned runs.Jake Bauers drove in the only run off Cobb with a third straight single in the first inning, following hits by Mallex Smith and Matt Duffy.Tyler Glasnow struck out nine in four innings in his second start for the Rays after being acquired from Pittsburgh on July 31. He was lifted after 61 pitches.“They’re trying to build me up and not rush me, and that’s probably a better decision than going out there and rushing things,” Glasnow said.One of the two hits off Glasnow was a homer by Beckham, his fifth of the season.Mancini’s 16th homer came off Jaime Schultz and put the Orioles ahead 2-1 in the fifth.Mark Trumbo drove in another Baltimore run with a single in the sixth Authentic Phillip Lindsay Jersey , extending his hitting streak to nine games.A ONE-RUN KIND OF SEASONThe Rays’ last four games (including three losses to the Chicago White Sox) have been decided by one run. They have played a major league-leading 47 one-run games, losing 26 of them.TRAINER’S ROOMOrioles: Davis was back in the lineup after missing two games. Manager Buck Showalter said the slugger sat out because he was “banged up.” … OF Craig Gentry (broken left rib) started a rehab assignment at Double-A Bowie.Rays: INF Daniel Robertson had what is expected to be season-ending surgery to repair a torn left thumb ligament. He was hurt Saturday sliding into second base on a double. … Reliever Chaz Roe (left knee) could start a rehab assignment Thursday.UP NEXTTampa Bay will start reliever Ryne Stanek (1-3) and have left-hander Jalen Beeks (1-1) follow Wednesday night against Orioles right-hander Andrew Cashner (3-10). Cashner’s 15-5 win over the Rays on July 27 is his only win since May 21.

Название раздела: ! КОНКУРС !

Быстрый ответ

В целях предотвращения автоматической отправки форм спам-ботами, введите отображённый текст в поле ниже.
:hi: :smile: :wink: :twisted: :sad: :evil: :smoke: :eh: :eek: :fie: :silenced: :razz: :oops: :help: :spy: :insane: :biggrin: :toothless: :ill: :nervious: :weirdface: :pray: :clap: :think: :boxing: :cyclop: :rambo: :zombie: :cry: Ещё смайлики…

Вернуться в «! КОНКУРС !»